Friday, February 3, 2012

Lorikeet Study

Lorikeet Study

I've been quite busy working on several graphite drawings at once right now, but I took a little break from them to do a quick study of a Lorikeet.  They are such beautiful, colorful birds!  I'm thinking about doing an 8x10 acrylic painting of this one- maybe- I don't know for sure yet.  For the study,  I just used some student grade semi-moist watercolors I'd found in storage.  I'm not sure where they came from or what the brand they are.  I wish I knew because then I could avoid using them again- way too grainy!  After the base colors dried, I did a little detail sketching with some of my new Faber-Castell Pitt Artist Pens.  I just LOVE my Pitt Pens!!!  I think I'm going to really have some fun with these!

More to come!

No comments: