Thursday, August 13, 2009

New Project- A Boy's Life (possible series)

I've started a new project. This one will most likely be the first in a series with the theme of "A Boy's Life". I want to illustrate the natural, adventurous free spirit that inhabits the hearts of so many little boys out there. I got the idea when I found some old pictures of my son from a photo shoot he and I did several years ago on a "just mommy and me" excursion.



This is the picture that I chose to start with.




I figured these would be great reference photos to inspire me to practice drawing the natural textures in rocks, trees, leaves and water. What better model to have than my own boy!! Of course, he's not really a boy now but has become a fine young man any mom could be proud of. Instead of looking down at his trusting, innocent eyes, I now have to look up... way up ... and I see smiling eyes full of hopes and dreams. Enough waxing poetic, time to pick up the pencils and get busy!!

No comments: