Thursday, August 27, 2009

Musical Musings and WIP update

Slow ride ... take it easy!! I love to listen to music when I draw. My favorite music is probably classic rock but I wanted something a little different to help me pick up the pace on this drawing and boy did I find it. I did a little searching for some instrumental songs and here are the one's I downloaded from either Amazon's or Walmart's mp3 sites (whoever had either the best sounding tracks or better price-- all other things being equal):

Apache- Jorgen Ingmann
Wipe Out- The Surfaris
Green Onions- Booker T & The MG's
Out of Limits (Lp Version)- The Marketts
Pipeline- The Ventures
Walk Don't Run- The Ventures
Tequila- The Champs
Peter Gunn Theme- Henry Mancini
Sleepwalk- Santo & Johnny
and just for fun . . .
The Good, The Bad & The Ugly Theme Song- Hugo Montenegro & His Orchestra

That's just a couple minutes shy of a half hour of music and I have to say that the time goes by FAST! I can't believe how quickly time flies when I'm drawing anyway but these tunes really push my productivity as I find myself drawing in time with the music. Would love to hear anyone else's suggestions of favorite music to draw or paint to??

No comments: