Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Resources For Artists- My Favorites

I've been really busy this week with work and Vacation Bible School right after work. I haven't had any time for drawing. But I promised myself I'd try to be consistent with updating this blog so I'd like to share with you some of my favorite art resources.

Art Communities:

  • Deviant Art: community of artists and those devoted to art. Digital art, skin art, themes, wallpaper art, traditional art, photography and more. http://www.deviantart.com/
  • Wet Canvas: Artist's community with articles, news, forums and information on art supplies. Registration required. (Not just for wet media, there's a really nice drawing and sketching forum too). If you post to the forums, expect constructive criticism. The tips are not malicious, just helpful advice intended to help you grow as an artist. http://www.wetcanvas.com/

Online Learning/Tutorials:

Beginner/Intermediate:

  • Drawspace: This site offers downloadable and printable drawing lessons featuring Brenda Hoddinott's unique style of teaching. There is also a nice forum here. Lots of positive encouragement from forum members. http://www.drawspace.com/
  • About.com's Drawing/Sketching: http://drawsketch.about.com/

Intermediate/Advanced:

Favorite Pencil Artists:

Hope you enjoy browsing these sites!

2 comments:

Teresa Mallen said...

Hi Sarah. Great list of resources! Your bunny piece made me smile. We have rabbits living close to our house and some have decided to live in our backyard. It is a very large fenced backyard (so our dog cannot chase deer) with trees, shrubs and thickets. The bunnies are safe from foxes and coyotes (our dog is too lazy to bother them) and they have discoved a food supply in my perennial flower garden. Very cute but right now they are looking more like vermin. :-) I hope they don't discover my veggie garden! Enough about my rabbit woes - great copyright post!!! I wish more artists had the integrity you do.

Sarah Salisbury said...

I'm so glad you found this information useful and I'm especially pleased that I brought a smile to you! Sounds like you have a lovely backyard! I'm living in town right now and sooo miss living out in the country! Thanks for the comment!